How Does Cryotherapy Work?
Cryotherapy is the use of extremely cold temperatures at minus 110 degree celsius to aid in the treatment of a wide range injuries and conditions.
Cryotherapy works by cooling the entire skin surface; this stimulates the temperature receptors in the skin to communicate with the brain resulting in constriction of the peripheral blood vessels redirecting the blood to the core of the body to conserve heat.
Once the treatment is over the same blood is pumped vigorously back around the body. The enhanced blood supply that Whole Body Cryotherapy stimulates increases the oxygen and nutrient supply to areas that need revitalizing.
- Increased recovery time from injuries
- Enhancement of sporting performance
- Increased recovery time from intense exercise
- Overall faster return to training
- Reduction of pain and swelling
- Reduction in regeneration phase
- Reduction of post traumatic treatment
- Health Benefits
- Joint Disorders
- Stress & Anxiety
- Muscular Spasm
- Chronic Pain
Thousands of people have used Whole Body Cryotherapy safely and effectively in Europe. The atmosphere of the chamber is dry cold so it is more tolerable and pleasant for the individual.
1. Clients must fill in a screening form before commencing the treatment.
2. Each client will then have their heart rate and blood pressure taken.
4. Each client will be provided with gloves, headband, and mask.
3. Each client must wear shorts long socks and runners, ladies may wear a bikini top or singlet.